General Labour/Warehouse Workers- AFTERNOON & NIGHT SHIFT
What's in it for you?
- Salary: $17.00/hour to start with regular increases!
- Potential to earn up to $5.00 more per hour in production bonuses
- Retention bonus payable in December of $500 for Operations
- Afternoon and night shift premiums available
- Day, afternoon, and overnight shifts available
- Opportunity for overtime
- Benefits available approx. 2 months after start date
- Pension after 2 years of continuous service
- Progression wage increases
- Perks and discounts on entertainment, travel, attractions, shopping, sports and more
- All PPE is provided to employees (hard hat, boots, jacket, etc.)
- Shifts do not rotate
- Support of a union
- Highly automated and fast paced learning environment
- Opportunities for growth and training development
- Trans Cab Service and Conventional Bus Service is provided through HSR
GENERAL LABOURER/WAREHOUSE WORKER: The General Labour full-time position is responsible for performing packaging, clean-up and other elemental activities related to food processing.
- Responsibilities:Feed cartons into machines.
- Check and weigh materials and/or product.
- Manually pack product into bags, cartons or other containers.
- Remove finished goods cartons from conveyer and place on pallets.
- Check products and packaging for basic quality defects.
COVID-19 Safety Measures:
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated and to show proof of vaccination . In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination prior to the commencement of employment. We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible