Inventory Control Associate, Pharmaceutical Distribution Centre (nights)
About the job
McKesson requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by Health Canada, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
Inventory Control Associate, Pharmaceutical Warehouse
Location: 71 Glacier St, Coquitlam. Note - the warehouse is moving to Surrey in early 2023.
Full-time/permanent, hourly. Group Insurance eligible.
Shift: 11pm to 7am, Sunday to Thursday
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 12 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
As an Inventory Control Associate for McKesson Distribution, you will use your leadership skills to drive a culture of excellence through execution of daily operational plans and strategies. You will lead by allocating resources, disseminating information to teammates, and ensuring compliance with key processes, all while achieving safety, quality, efficiency and financial KPI’s.
In this dynamic, fast-paced role you will exercise strategic thinking, effective planning, and utilize your communication skills to motivate and inspire your team, driving a culture of excellence.
Key Leadership competencies for this role include an innovative and strategic mindset, the ability to collaborate and leverage appropriate resources, strong decision making and execution capabilities, demonstrated ability to exercise courage and resilience, effective change management skills and the commitment to develop self and others.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership to facilitate business needs in the inventory control department including; reporting, assists in establishment and maintenance of inventory procedures, business controls, loss and recovery
- Controls inventory placement based on information provided from slot info and database
- Ensure all inventory control functions are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Perform counts and ensure all inventory is accounted for and reported according to company policy
- Coordinate with the operations team to ensure a smooth flow of goods from inbound to outbound activities within the facility
- Investigate and correct discrepancies or variances in reported quantities and locations of all inventory
- Assess inventory output on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis to assist with productivity optimization
- Manage cycle counts of product inventories on a regular basis, investigate variances to find root causes and report findings
- File claims when defective products are discovered
- Coordinate with Operations, Customer service, Quality assurance and Procurement business units
- Check date-sensitive products for expiration and facilitate removal or transfer of product as required
- Bachelor’s Degree an asset; Business/ Operations Management, Supply Chain management or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an inventory control function
- Experience with automation an asset
- Demonstrate a commitment to help people succeed
- Give honest feedback and respectfully challenge others
- Make difficult (sometimes unpopular) decisions when required
- Demonstrate passion aligned with McKesson’s corporate vision, leading with the employee in mind
- Machine Ticket asset
- Demonstrated ability to adapt communication skills to effectively influence different audiences
- Actively seeks opportunities to build and maintain relationships both in and out of business unit
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement with fundamental understanding of change management
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and make decisions under pressure
- Utilize Business Intelligence data to determine business decisions that deliver and exceed expected performance
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity employer.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
McKesson is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Current employees must apply through internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!