Warehouse Worker/Order Selector
JOIN OUR TEAM! Come for a job and stay for a career!
If you are a positive and pleasant person able to maintain good working relationships with co-workers and supervisors, we have the perfect job for you! Join our staff and come grow with Quaker Valley Foods, a refrigerated food distributor located in Northeast Philadelphia!
We are looking for an energetic, detailed-oriented Night Warehouse Order Selector to pick customer orders for shipment, ensuring they are correct using a “Pick by Voice” System.
- $19.25 per hour
- Employee fully paid Health and Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral bonus
- Overnight shift (8:30 pm start)
- Sunday – Thursday
- Overtime on Friday
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Efficiently locate, select, stack on a pallet, and label product for shipment to customers.
- Use electric pallet jack (stand up, stand on only) to transport product.
- Use wireless headset/voice-automated selection system
- Place the prepared orders in the correct dock slips for loading onto shipping trucks.
- Perform visual inspections of orders to ensure they are correct and ready for shipment.
- Adhere to health & safety policies and quality standards
- Basic mathematic skills.
- Good communication, interpersonal, and teamworking skills
- Physical stamina to lift heavy loads (25-100 lbs) and remain standing for long periods
- Good mechanical skills to operate an electric pallet jack and other equipment
- Ability to work 8-10 hour shifts in a cold environment
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) equivalent
- Two to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hands on experience in voice picking systems
- Great attention to detail
- Diligent and punctual
For more information about Quaker Valley foods, please visit our website at www.quakervalleyfoods.com
Quaker Valley Foods, Inc. is a drug-free workplace and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Quaker Valley Foods, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. Quaker Valley Foods, Inc. will consider qualified applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with federal, state, and local ordinances
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.25 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
All visitors and employees are required to wear a mask in our building at all times.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Philadelphia, PA 19114: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- stand up electric riding pallet jack: 1 year (Required)
- English (Preferred)